This $40m project is part of ARTC’s commitment to providing 30 Tonne Axle Load (TAL) access to its customers throughout the Upper Hunter Valley.
Project scope involved:
- installation of four crossovers, one turnout and one catchpoint
- refurbishment and strengthening of three turnouts
- Full depth track reconditioning of a km of plain line track and turnout
- construction of 500m of 30TAL track work
- track strengthening of 800m of sidings
- installation of a 2km drainage system
- full reconfiguration of the existing signalling system to allow for a change of normal traffic movements through the yard
- complete changeover from mechanical to motorised interlocking
- an active traffic and pedestrian level crossing installation
- four new signalling locations
- commissioning and certification of the yard into operation
The project team and our partners were faced with many challenges, and still completed all works on or ahead of schedule whilst maintaining an operational yard to allow the local Manildra flour mill to continue to mill and rail operations.