As part of the major railway upgrade in New Zealand, Martinus Rail has signed 9-year supply agreement with KiwiRail.
Martinus Rail is contracted by KiwiRail to design, manufacture and supply turnouts, crossovers and turnout rodding (approx. 40 turnouts per year).
Martinus Rail has been busy delivering KiwiRail a new standard of turnout that will give the NZ network a leap forward in turnout technology. Martinus Rail has designed and manufactured the first ever tangential turnouts for the market, the turnouts feature the highest specification of components for improved performance and product lifecycle:
- Tangential geometry for increased operation speed and passenger comfort
- Anti-creep thermal expansion blocks for points operation protection
- Inner stock rail resilient fasteners for transfer of dynamic forces
- Australian standard concrete bearers with 50-year life cycle
- Single piece explosively hardened manganese monoblock crossings for instant wear resistance and reduced maintenance grinding