The Moreton Bay Rail Link was jointly funded by the Australian Government, Queensland Government and Moreton Bay Regional Council. The project provides approximately 12.6km of dual‐track heavy gauge passenger rail line between Petrie and Kippa-Ring, a new five track railway yard, six new stations and associated infrastructure, design of the connection to the existing network and any associated infrastructure requirement between Lawnton and Petrie and a shared pedestrian and cycle path along the new rail corridor.
Project scope involves:
- construction of 27km of plain line track from formation up
- a new yard which includes 3km of track
- supply and Installation of 19 turnouts and 1 catch point
- supply and Installation of friction buffer stops
- 300m of slab track construction