The Adelaide to Tarcoola Re-Railing program involves the upgrade of approximately 600 kilometers of track on the Adelaide (Islington and Outer Habor) to Tarcoola line.
In order to achieve the program goal, ARTC engaged Martinus Rail to undertake various turnout upgrade and track reconditioning works between Gillman and Pelican Point.
Martinus Rail’s project scope involves:
- 5 existing timber bearer turnouts and 1 crossover
- Track formation and reconditioning works
- Removal and reinstalment of signaling infrastructure
- Pre-build and installation of replacement concrete bearer tangential turnouts and crossover
- All associated commissioning works
Martinus Rail has a dedicated team with extensive track construction experience who are scheduled to deliver the remaining installation works in June.