The Adelaide to Tarcoola Re-Railing program involves the upgrade of approximately 600 kilometers of track on the Adelaide (Islington and Outer Habour) to Tarcoola line.
In order to achieve the program goal, ARTC engaged Martinus to undertake signalling support to facilitate various turnout upgrade and track reconditioning works between Gillman and Pelican Point.
Martinus‘ signalling scope involves:
- Signalling support for the removal and re-instatement of 5 existing turnouts and 1 crossover
- Signal Test Plan produced for the works to be undertaken
- Production of All Works Packages (IWP, CWP etc.)
- Complete IBA forms to book signalling infrastructure in to/out of service and complete Bridging forms
- Reinstatement and certification of track circuits and point machines following track work.
- Drilling and bonding of temporary and glued joints.
- Liaising with local signal maintenance and ARTC project team on a regular basis.
Martinus has a dedicated signaling team, with support of expert sub-contractors who delivered this installation work in June 2019. The project was undertaken working closely with ARTC to ensure works were in line with future planned work decommissioning the Broad-gauge Rail line.