The Canberra Light Rail being delivered by Canberra Metro Construction (John Holland and CPB Joint Venture) is transforming Canberra and integrating the transport network across the city.The first stage of Light Rail connects Gungahlin, through Dickson to the city.
There are 13 stops along the 12km track including a terminus at each end of the route. The track system is a slab track solution using concrete troughs wherein the Edilon Sedra rail system solution is being implemented.
Martinus were engaged to assist the acceleration of the track installation works through provision of skilled rail teams. These teams comprised of Superintendents, Supervisors, Leading Hands, Skilled Track Workers and specialised rail tooling.
Activities undertaken by Martinus Rail were:
- Canberra Metro – Canberra Light Rail Professional Services
- Management of grooved rail welding activities
- Preparation of concrete troughs for rail installation including cleaning, priming and constructability checks
- Installation of rails and setting gauge, line and level whilst ensuring twist, vertical and horizontal alignment within construction tolerances
- Temperature control of troughs to ensure within Edilon Sedra temperature working limitsWorking with the Edilon Sedra system ensures the Martinus team has expertise across all light rail construction systems and methodologies.