As part of an $1.9B extension to Rio Tinto’s existing mining activities in the Weipa area, Martinus was contracted by civil contractor QH and M Birt to work closely with them through the construction of a new Bauxite stockyard.
The scope included:
- Supply and install of 8.1km of AS68 crane rail
- Supply and install of 4 x 1km runs of standard gauge ballasted track – 2 Stacker and 2 Reclaimer
- Supply and install of 215 cross ties to ensure crane gauge is maintained between tracks
- Painting of rail to very high standards in areas where a vehicle crossing was to be installed
- Supply of 2 x 90m Strail panel vehicle crossings Dealing with the complexities of working in a remote location and in extreme temperatures, the Martinus Rail team delivered the project to the high standards which we have been we have become accustomed to.